Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Remote Terminal 1.0.0 submitted for Windows Store certification

Today I submitted Remote Terminal 1.0.0 to Microsoft for the Windows Store certification.

This initial release was delayed a bit contrary to my first announcement. The reason for that was a rewrite of the whole terminal display code because performance was really unsatisfying, to say the least (a good friend made me aware of that, thank you Steve!). I am now using DirectX to draw the terminal which is much faster than the previous method. Additionally I enhanced the terminal emulation to support more ANSI escape sequences than before.

The app has now reached a point where I am confident that I can release it to the public and people are able to work with it. It's by no means perfect but I have already planned many improvements which I will implement in the following weeks/months. With your help I will try to make the best SSH and Telnet client available in the Windows Store.

Certification should be done in a few days, at least I hope that also holds true for the time between Christmas and New Year. Of course there will be another Blog post when the App is eventually available.

Until then I wish everybody happy holidays and a happy new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment